Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Hotness

So my pleasing-to-the eye guitar teacher invited me to his Halloween party. What? A house full of strangers in costume and the chance for awkward run-ins with el guitarista mas suave? I lurched at the opportunity, especially since my friend Kim and I had been planning our Halloween costumes for weeks, despite not having been invited to any parties. [correction: Kim requests clarification that SHE had in fact been invited to Halloween parties.]

So the theme of the party was the Letter "M", which was divine, as the costume I had been planning just HAPPENED to start with the letter M. I went as my own Mamaw Helen. Given, nobody here has ever heard of a mamaw (one of the southern terms for grandmother, with variants including "mawmaw" and "meemaw") Most people think I'm saying "mammal". Luckily, mamaws are mammals too, so no insult there. P.S. My Mamaw happened to have a bird in case you're wondering.

Anyway, Kim went as a mannequin, and believe me, when she poses it is EERY how real she looks...I mean fake...real mannequin-fake. My guitar teacher dressed as Marge Simpson, which unfortunately veiled his true visual qualities, leaving Kim skeptical as to my standards of boy hotness. Grrr.

Mine and Kim's Top 5 Moments of Halloween Hotness:

(1) Making fun of people making out in costumes.

(2) Bud Light

(3) Eating most of the luscious bean dip we found downstairs.

(4) Explaining 18 times what a mamaw is.

(5) When we were dancing in the packed out living room to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and the deejay thought it would be cool to mute the line "Thrillerrr!" in the chorus, I guess so that the crowd could have a moment of sing-alongness. Yet out of appx. 100 people, who do you think was the only unsuspecting attendee who belted out "THRILLERRRR!" in the style of little orphan Annie?? That's right. Mamaw Helen, God rest her soul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you be the hottest mamaw i ever seen!

did you drink the bud light? did you know that they have orange bud light bottles down here...in honor of the vols, of course. gag.

Anonymous said...

dear mamaw,

sorry for asking if you were wearing you Halloween costume the day before. I would have to say, if I knew you were going to wear a giant bird on your shoulder, I would have held out my excitement on your October 30th costume/outfit

Anonymous said...

You the hottest mamaw I've ever seen!!!

Anonymous said...

to "derrick fudge": mamaw forgives you; you were not yet familiar with the fine line between what is everyday and what is halloween for holly g.

dear anonymous: mamaw thanks you VURY much, honey.