I feel like this Texas guy also represents your standard papaw (= grandpa) persona found in East Tennessee, which is generally adored unless perhaps you live with them. Flavorful and flawed (/flavorfully flawed), with witty idioms to boot and a certain poetry in the voice. In my mind this persona is the South(west)ern version of the male prototype of America's "Greatest Generation". I recently read that for that generation, personality and charm rose to top priority in what mattered most in a person--a la Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Previously it had been character. But if personal flair was what they wanted, I think they did a pretty good job of it. Many of us Generation X-ers love our salty papaws and mamaws and their entertaining, offensive, sparring ways. I sure miss my Papaw, whom we lost nearly a year ago.
See trailer here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is sooo good.
Post a Comment