Friday, September 4, 2009

MHGS, Halfway In


I've now completed half the credit requirements towards my M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Mars Hill Grad School. Ow-ow! 3.97 GPA no less, suckafools.

I have really, really, really enjoyed my MH education so far. For me my time at Mars Hill has actually been denouement in my life. I've not been disappointed by the level of engagement I am called to here nor the substance of most everything that I have been asked to grapple with.

As an ode to being halfway through, I just want to roll out right quick my beloved list of everything I have taken so far:

2007-2008

Faith, Hope, & Love ~ Dr. Dan Allender

Interpersonal Foundations ~ Dr. Roy Barsness

The Art of the Hermeneutical Task ~ Dr. Dwight Friesen

Practicum I & II (Practicing interpersonal attunement and counseling on one another in a structured setting)

Marriage & Family ~ Dr. Dan Allender

History of Therapeutic Perspectives ~ Dr. Stephanie Neill

Biblical Spirituality ~ Dr. Keith Anderson

Research & Statistics ~ Dr. O'Donnell Day

Multicultural Perspectives ~ Dr. Caprice Hollins

2008-2009

Human Development ~ Dr. Doug Hansen

Psychopathology I & II ~ Dr. O'Donnell Day

Impact of Abuse ~ Dr. Nancy Murphy

Care of the Soul and Call to Sacred Activism ~ Dr. Ruth Padilla-Deborst

Counseling African Americans ~ Dr. Caprice Hollins

Advocacy for Victims of Domestic Violence ~ Dr. Nancy Murphy

Group Therapy ~ Heather Sund, M.S.

Counseling Children & Adolescents ~ Dr. Steve Call

...and now Fall 2009

Evil, Abuse, & Spiritual Warfare ~ Dr. Dan Allender, Dr. Gina Waggoner, Nathan Eckland, & Paul Steinke

Sexual Disorders ~ Dr. Dan Allender

Vocational & Occupational Direction ~ Dr. Jacqui Smith-Bates

3 comments:

elnellis said...

yay, my little brown car is in the picture!
congrats on getting half way. that's huge.

Holls of Grigs said...

haha--i'm glad to know that is your car. thank you for the congrats.

bryan nixon said...

congrats holly! it is mind-blowing how fast the time goes. keep on rockin'! cheers.