
Seems like just yesterday I was nosing over the shoulder of one of my fifth grade students, curious about the Harry Potter book he was into (Jasper, wherever you are, thank you). That was nine years ago. Since then I've (a) somewhat escaped the hypomanic fearmongers and decided the books weren't from the devil, (b) seen and loved all the movies, and (c) now at the eleventh hour have decided to try and read through the series before the sixth movie comes out on July 15. I am not a fast reader. I read slow and I like it that way. And I highlight with carefully chosen crayons and I like that, too. And unlike my frontal-lobe-endowed boyfriend I have a horrible memory, requiring frequent rewinding and rereading for clarification. So. This is a steep goal for me. Especially with superfluous Group Therapy assignments imposing on my time (entitlement meets entitlement). Wish me luck. I've just finished Book One and I wanted to share my favorite quotes.
It's an outrage! A scandal! Harry Potter not knowin' his own story when every kid in our world knows his name! --Hagrid
Dark days, Harry. --Hagrid
Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! --Dumbledore
To [a very old couple], [death] really is like going to bed after a very, very long day. After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. --Dumbledore
Ron and Hermoine were a very good audience; they gasped in all the right places . . .
To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin. --Dumbledore
3 comments:
you are the best.
I'm re-reading them, too! I have two chapters left in book 5. They are so magical. Sigh... (pun not intended)
oh, holly. i LOVE these books and am so excited for you to love them to. the quotes warmed my heart.
Post a Comment