Wednesday, April 15, 2009
My British Idol
"I've never been married, never been kissed," she says. Susan Boyle is a walking fairy tale to me, and a flash of the gospel at that. I am floored by the way she exposes our cynicism and melts the scoffers with such grace, play, and beauty. Yet even as part of me trusts, part of me wants to hold out to see if she's a setup, some kind of hoax. The amateur psychotherapist in me says, "Watch that idealization." The bitter indie in me scowls at how, if she is real, she'll now be exploited and pawned by the media vipers. But another part of me is deeply moved, drawn in, and revived by the person I see amidst the frenetic video editing. Not to mention the part of me--my eyeballs--that can't stop weeping each time I watch her. Aw man, I do believe! Susan, I want to be your friend! I accept you into my heart!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i litterally JUST watched her and absolutely lost it. her sweetness broke my heart
for real. i want to be her friend so bad.
Wow, so I just watched this for the first time and I am totally crying my eyes out. It is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a really long time.
Thanks Holly! paula
Post a Comment