At any rate, inspired by my roommate Smruti, here are 40 ill joints I bonded with in 2008 for one reason or another, by way of the fact that they either made my body flail about (e.g. see below "The Kids...", "Touch Me..."), made me close my eyes and make twitchy faces (e.g. "Slow Blues"), serenaded me to sleep on summer nights (e.g. "I Dream a Highway"), made me shake my fists (e.g. "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Not Pretty Enough"), made me so-so-def (e.g. "Paper Planes", "Say It Right"), made me feel like I was riding in a convertible along a Kansas highway on a summer night in leather (e.g. "Beast of Burden"), made me jealous (e.g. "Godspeed"), made me feel like P.T. Anderson (e.g. "Hunter"), made my head float (e.g. "Rhiannon", "All I Need"), made me make chin-guns while thinking of siblings ("Human"), made me want to frolic ("Oh Yoko"), made me proud of Southern rockers (everything by My Morning Jacket and Lucinda), made me feel more "Interpersonal" ("Autumn Leaves"), filled me with lyrical awe ("Simple Twist of Fate", "Knowing"), helped me meditate ("Morning Tears", "Ancient Voices"), or spoke my shy, happy little heart (e.g. "He Waits for Me").
I linked the ones I wish I could drop in your laps with bows on them. This turned out to be most of them, however, so I added the graduated text sizes to signify the most special ones to meee. Enjoy.
All I Need ~ Radiohead
Autumn Leaves ~ Eva Cassidy
Clumsy ~ Fergie
Ghalla Gurian ~ Panjabi MC (dang, I couldn't find a link)
He Waits for Me ~ Eliza Gilkyson
More Than A Feeling ~ Boston
Re: Stacks ~ Bon Iver
Rhiannon ~ Fleetwood Mac
Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto ~ James Brown
Say It Right ~ Nelly Furtado
Together ~ The Raconteurs
Why Does It Always Rain On Me? ~ Travis
You Give Love A Bad Name ~ Bon Jovi
2 comments:
it's weird but it makes me sad that i only know five of your listed songs...i feel like i'm missing a part of you by not knowing them. thank god for itunes eh?
aw lady, i know, you're missing the peachiest parts of me! and by peach i mean white. i'm honored by your sadness. i felt lame too when i only knew 1 of your 10 songs. we need us an ole fashioned listening party!
Post a Comment