For this post I just feel like rattling off the succession of non-tragic woes-of-the-privileged the week has brought me.The most painful is that a very kind benefactor (not an individual) for some of my school costs has regretfully informed me they will no longer be able to benefact me beyond this trimester, due to the economy. I am certainly grateful for their benefacting thus far and yet I am now FILLED WITH WOE regarding my financial outlook for school. Before this I was partially filled with woe, as anyone with luscious amounts of debt is. Now I am fully filled with woe about it.
With that, somehow my financial aid check was the only one in the school to come in on Jan. 15 instead of Jan. 5, due to a fluke error they say.
With that, somehow my financial aid check was the only one in the school to come in on Jan. 15 instead of Jan. 5, due to a fluke error they say.
With that, my work keeps cancelling my shifts.
Next. I had to unexpectedly switch around a couple of classes Monday, after I already bought all the books, printed out all the articles, and devotedly wrote all the assignments for that class in my nerdy assignment planner. Which reminds me of another woe: I can't find my orange highlighter, which is my security blanket of highlighters.
Back to bigger woes. The starting of my car now requires that I pop the hood and wrestle with wires around the battery. Hopefully it will start for me to take it to the shop tomorrow. Buses are a comfort but not if you work in Kirkland.
Next. I had to unexpectedly switch around a couple of classes Monday, after I already bought all the books, printed out all the articles, and devotedly wrote all the assignments for that class in my nerdy assignment planner. Which reminds me of another woe: I can't find my orange highlighter, which is my security blanket of highlighters.
Back to bigger woes. The starting of my car now requires that I pop the hood and wrestle with wires around the battery. Hopefully it will start for me to take it to the shop tomorrow. Buses are a comfort but not if you work in Kirkland.
Next. My laptop is exhibiting strange behaviors, including making a very loud, long, nuclear-alert type sound during class the other day. Also, I will be typing and the cursor will suddenly jump two paragraphs back. Cool.
Next. I ordered some shoes from Maine and they don't fit.
Next. I bought a One-Year Bible of my favorite readable translation to read this year, and as of today I am 15 days behind.
Next. I ordered some shoes from Maine and they don't fit.
Next. I bought a One-Year Bible of my favorite readable translation to read this year, and as of today I am 15 days behind.
Next. Today I found a weird red scab on the hairline of my bangs, strategically placed right at the part so as to be on display. Probably a disease.
Finally. Last night I dreamed I lived with a badgering, evil ghost but didn't know it until later. I think the ghost's name was SUCKY FINANCIAL SKILLS AND BLOWS.
Aw, don't tell me I have self-contempt. Just buy me a drank.
Finally. Last night I dreamed I lived with a badgering, evil ghost but didn't know it until later. I think the ghost's name was SUCKY FINANCIAL SKILLS AND BLOWS.
Aw, don't tell me I have self-contempt. Just buy me a drank.
9 comments:
ugh--i kind of want to scream for you after reading that. your first woe would have been enough, but add on the many others...sheesh. let me buy you a drink.
is it bad that i read this and think that you are the funniest, most clever person I know? i keep trying to feel bad for you, but instead i just keep admiring you.
shannon
i agree with shannon. how can someone expressing their woes (and yours are pretty bad) still be so adorable?? after you are done getting a drink with smruti let me buy you another.
doh! i feel kind of busted, as you all so plainly and sweetly prove that my woes are pretty powerless held up to the faces of love in my life. thank you, thank you.
At least you are very funny in this, your hard time? I would hug you if I were there.
My laptop died recently. I have not recovered. My suggestion is that you back your stuff up immediately just in case.
Keep smiling yer beautiful smile.
Then take Sunday morning next week to stay in bed a little longer and catch up on yer readin'. You deserve it.
thanks em! miss you. your fb status says you are in DC? o my. enjoy, and stay warm and safe!
hmmm... looks like the ode to awefulness came on my birthday. that sucks because i was belly laughing at my facebook birthday greeting, and i quote: "for unto us a schwaj is born". wish i had sent a reply back that day to ease the woes. also wish i had thought of that line first.
bb
That Shannon...I think he has the hots for you Holly?!!
shwaj you crack me up. did i not add, "...and she shall be called wonderful?" i shoulda.
yvette (dave?--probably yvette.)--hehe, i surely hope so!
Post a Comment